CHANGES TO SUMMARY CARE RECORDS – Additional information
If you opted to allow additional information on your Summary Care Record choices form you need to be aware that the additional information that can be viewed in the Summary Care Record (SCR) of patients with a consent code 9Ndn has changed in SCR v2.1. Previously the additional information available with this code may have been restricted to a single additional item. With SCR v2.1 additional information for patients with consent code 9Ndn can contain any items that fall under the following data set from the patients GP record, including any associated free text related to the read codes:
- Reason for medication e.g. “for high blood pressure” or “following myocardial infarction”( heart
– Immunisations e.g. last Tetanus vaccination
– Significant diagnoses / problems e.g. epilepsy, diabetes or deep vein thrombosis
– Significant procedures e.g. insertion of coronary artery stents or joint replacements
– End of Life Care information and patient preferences e.g. a preference to be treated at home.
– Other anticipatory care preferences e.g. key contact details (family, carer, clinical)
Sensitive items such as details of fertility treatment, sexually transmitted infections and treatments, terminations or gender reassignment details will not be included unless the patient specifically requests that such items are included.
Patient FAQs about (SCRs) with additional information is available here:
You can change your consent preferences if you wish by contacting the surgery.